Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The No Child Left Behind Act

Something of significance that I think most traditional-view Christians do not consider:

If there is such a thing as an eternal hell...that means God will allow evil to exist forever.

I don't think so. I choose not to underestimate the love of God in allowing His salvation to envelope US ALL in the end. An omniscient God who knows our needs, prayers and thoughts well before they even reach our minds or mouths will not idly stand by and let us destroy ourselves to prove a point (prove a point to whom, by the way?) or for His amusement or for an asinine preservation of a fictional free will that we supposedly have. Nonsense. God is Love. It is an unnecessary and heavy set of shackles to drag around in this lifetime to think otherwise.

Sarah McLachlan put it very well in her song Fumbling Towards Ecstasy when she sings "I won't fear love." And when it comes to God, should we?

"For you will not leave my soul* in sheol; neither will You suffer Your Holy One to see corruption" - Psalm 16:10

*Also known as: anyone's soul

3 comments:

Collins said...

That song is about a stalker. Not that that helps your point at all, but a little useless knowledge never hurt anyone.....

I'm such a loser.

SM said...

Then I guess the roundabout lesson is that God is stalking you in the most positive way possible.

Cecil said...

I think the song "Possession" by Sarah McLachlan is about a stalker.

When you read the lyrics for "Fumbling Towards Ecstasy" I'd say it's real hard to pin down any authorial intent.