Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Versions of Hell" (Or, My Audio Documentary)

I recently took an Audio Documentary class as part of my graduate work. I was able to choose the topic for my final audio piece and so I chose to interview people of differing beliefs to see whether the traditional ideas of hell still resonated with them. Narrating the piece, I talk to an atheist, a Muslim, a Jew, a Catholic, and a Christian Universalist with the underlying attempt at sound production. Here it is...all 10 minutes of it.

2 comments:

Adam Grossi said...

I enjoyed listening to this. Did I pick up on a very brief Outkast sample in the opening sound collage? Irrelevant question, just curious. Thanks for making and sharing your work. I am on the fence, the hell fence, if you will...

SM said...

Hi Adam,

Thanks for listening and commenting. The opening sample was one I pieced together from royalty free stuff, but maybe it was a subconscious thing. LOL - I completely understand being on the fence about the topic.

God Bless,
SM