Monday, March 24, 2008

Delightfully Biased

My husband left on Good Friday for Paris for work. I spent Easter at my parents' house and had a nice time. At one point in the day, my sister was holding her 7-month-old son, Toby, and we were all gushing over how adorable he is and my mom commented that all her kids were and continue to be "that adorable". I laughed and said, "You're biased." And she said something that stuck.

She said, "Isn't it nice to have someone who is biased?"

And here it is yet again, the comparison of God's disposition to that of a loving parent. We can all take solace in the fact that God is biased in favor of us. As His creation, it would be "counterclockwise" to the nature of the God who fashioned logic, reason and things that are "natural" and "consecutive" to be indifferent to His own works. Again, as God loves, the love of parents pale in comparison to His.

Whenever I finish a drawing that I have put lots of work into, I feel a connection to it that it is a part of me. I have a really hard time letting go of or selling my artwork because of that creative connection. I imagine God feels that same sort of kinship with us. He is the potter and we are the clay...which He continues to shape through our days.

He is delightfully biased...like my mom : ) It is nice to have someone biased like that and I feel blessed that I can be aware of it. We all have a cheering section in God and if we quiet ourselves enough we can hear Him chanting our name.

No comments: