Monday, August 11, 2008

God's Reset Button

I haven't blogged in awhile. It has been a chaotic few weeks. For the past several months my husband and I have struggled to complete the sale of our house, jumping problematic survey hurdles among other things even going so far as to get on anti-anxiety meds for the stress. We lived so far from work that we were spending 20 hours a week commuting. It got to be too much even though we loved the house.

This past week we finally closed and moved and the relief was overwhelming. My walk to work now is less than 10 minutes.

Being attached to the house we were leaving, I did cry. And cry hard. For both the sadness of leaving a great house and the relief that comes with overcoming an almost impossible feat. And it is always after I cry that I feel so tired and need to nap. I know I am not the only one who experiences this. I feel like this is God's way of pushing the re-boot button on me. From babyhood on, the need to sleep after a meltdown and be re-set is like a merciful and genius progression of events. I thank God for this neat little programming feature. I always wake up feeling better. Clearer.

No comments: