Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Foul Play

Source: NY Sun - March 25, 2008


Pope Benedict will celebrate Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral for local bishops, priests, and nuns, and lead a service at Yankee Stadium at which 60,000 people are expected.

Reading this gets me steamed.

I have no problem with the mass itself. I have no problem with the people who go. My problem is with the LOCATION...

Eight years ago my husband and I, when planning our wedding, wanted to be married by a Catholic priest at an outdoor ceremony. We were told that a priest would not marry us outdoors as per church rules. We had no choice but to be married inside the church.

Why, because God is not outdoors? Or God only comes outdoors if the Pope is outdoors? Or God only gives clearance to priests to hold outdoor ceremonies if more than, say, 30 people are in attendance? How about 100 people? 250? What if the stadium is that of a losing team? Is God as disappointed in the Cubs as everyone else? Are the hotdog vendors giving out bread and wine?

Who makes up these asinine rules? Why, the ones who will break them of course.

This is BULL SHIT.

1 comment:

Collins said...

What if all the people were hungry from their travels, and there was only one hotdog left in the whole stadium?

Would they pass the hotdog until everyone had plenty?

Seems possible to me.